Women’s Health Care
Our Women’s Health service bases treatment approaches on Eastern Medical philosophy, offering an alternative theoretical understanding of Women’s Health issues in relation to the gynaecological and reproductive system which affects menstruation and the menstrual cycle.
This holistic understanding provides the basis of our pain free treatment approach for Women suffering from symptoms related to their menstrual cycle and reproductive system.
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstrual periods)
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Lack of menstrual bleeding (amenorrhea)
- Bleeding between periods (irregular menstrual bleeding)
PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) and associated symptoms:
- Emotional disturbances
- Swollen, painful breasts
- Constipation or Diarrhoea
- Clumsiness or inability to concentrate
Reproductive System Conditions which may be causing these symptoms include:
- PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Secondary conditions relating to contraceptive devices or medication
- Thyroid imbalance including hyper and hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s and Graves disease
- Hormone Imbalances
- Emotional disturbances including Stress and Anxiety or Depression
However when imbalances occur we can experience changes in our usual cycle or disruption to this natural process.
In Chinese Medicine philosophy the female cycle can be compared and understood within the greater environmental cycles like Lunar cycles (moon phases) and Earth cycle principles.
In fact the entire physiology and health of female patients can often be understood in simply analysing their unique menstrual cycle and associated symptoms.
We encourage our female clients to learn how to listen to their bodies in order to better understand their own health needs and individual menstrual cycle.
The gentle and relaxing treatment techniques are a functional means of positively influencing the body system.
Our service is aimed at resolving or minimising the discomfort and symptoms that you may experience in association with your menstrual cycle or reproductive system.
In order to alleviate these often painful symptoms this model of care and treatment focuses on you and the individual internal and external factors that can contribute to the generation of these symptoms and syndromes.
- work e.g too much sitting or standing
- health of uterus
- endocrine, hormonal, nervous system
- blood and body fluids produced from digestion
- Qi movement within the body
We look forward to being of service.
Dr. Naomi Jansson (Registered Acupuncturist and Registered Nurse)
Director of Women’s and Family Health Services at Australian Centre for Natural Medicine.