Naomi is a Doctor of Chinese Medicine, she is both a Registered Acupuncturist and Registered Nurse, with a Bachelor of Health Science in Nursing and Masters in Chinese Medicine specialising in Acupuncture. Naomi now combines her clinical experience (more than 12 years) and knowledge to offer an Integrative approach to health and wellbeing.
Naomi places an emphasis on personalised, patient centred care and is committed to educating patients about their specific treatment options and general health needs which intern empowers them to make informed choices, self determined goals and outcomes.
Since being introduced to Chinese Medical Ophthalmology, Naomi has become extremely passionate about the treatment of eye disease using acupuncture, moxibustion and natural medicine.
She has extended her knowledge in this field through specialised training as a nurse in ophthalmology and study tours overseas in the USA, Japan and China.
In addition to ophthalmic case management Naomi delivers the following clinical services:
- Traditional Chinese and Japanese Medicine
- Chinese diet therapy
- Vision testing
- Bachelor of Health Science, Nursing QUT – 2002
- Registered Nurse AHPRA
- Masters of Applied Science, Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture RMIT – 2014
- Registered Acupuncturist AHPRA
- AACMA – Full Member (Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Australia)
- AONA – Queensland Member (Australian Ophthalmic Nursing Association)
- Australian Branch of Traditional Japanese Acupuncture Study Group – Member
- ATMA – Associate Member (Australian Tibetan Medicine Association)
- Graduating Masters of Health Science with Distinction
- Member Golden Key International Honours Society (Top 15% of all students)
- Queensland Eye Hospital Award for Excellence – Nursing Academic Award 2012
- 80 hrs formal theoretical and practical training with Alan Jansson, practitioner of 30 years experience
- 5 years clinical observation apprenticeship with Alan Jansson
- 5 study tours to Japan to received tuition from Master Practitioner Ikeda Sensei
- 2 study tours to San Francisco USA, attending three day Seminars by Master Practitioner Ikeda Sensei
- 2 study tours to the USA to receive advanced training in Integrative Eye Health with Dr. Andy Rosenfarb
- 1 study tour to China – Tangshan Hospital in Hebei Province
- Specialised Moxabustion training and experience. Attending seminars and training in Australia and in Japan from leading practitioners in the use of moxabustion techniques used in Australia, U.K. and Japan.
Post Graduate Studies:
- Principles of Ophthalmic Nursing (QUT – 2012)
- Emergency and Time Critical Care Nursing
- Advanced Life Support
- EPIQ (Triage Nursing)
- Laser Safety Certificate