Welcome to Gentle Traditions
Let me hold you with traditional healing knowledge for women’s health especially on your reproductive, conception, pregnancy, birth and postpartum journey. Women thrive with support during the transitions of pregnancy and motherhood allow me to offer my combined 20 years of professional health and wellness experience as a Holistic Nurse and Traditional Medicines Doctor.
I will work with you to create your vision in your Pregnancy, Birth and Yin Sanctuary – Slow Postpartum planning.
Gentle Traditions draws from a rich well of knowledge to support each women’s journey as she weaves a unique experience of the deep internal knowing she carries within the cycles of:
- teenage, menstrual and coming of age
- fertility and preconception
- childbirth preparation
- acupuncture and moxibustion
- Taoist Yoga, Breathing and Qi Gong for pregnancy birth and postpartum
- mindfulness, meditation, movement and deep listening
- birth education
- traditional medicine pregnancy and postpartum care class
- doula support (exclusive to 4 women per year)
- Gentle Traditions: Yin sanctuary – slow postpartum consultant
- postpartum nutrition education and meal preparation or delivery
- women’s circles and workshops
- movement for birth preparation
- unlocking ancestral knowledge
- referral to industry experts and specialists
- support for midwives and birth workers;
Available for retreats; interviews and information days
With 20 years’ clinical experience, Naomi offers integrative and holistic support and education in Women’s Health, Pregnancy and Postpartum. With a deep appreciation of the holistic nature of our physical, emotional, mind and subtle bodies she will work with you to optimise your health and wellness as you negotiate the cycles of a Woman’s life.
Naomi is an advocate for Traditional and Ancestral knowledge, and hopes to secure this choice for our future generations and connection to our deep inherit birth rights as humans.
Naomi utilises Traditional Medicine knowledge and Acupuncture techniques acquired from her training in Australia, Japan, China, USA and Europe combined with many years as a registered nurse and studies of many forms of Traditional and Indigenous medicine for women. This includes observing and honouring our rites of passage and rituals that aid in the transitions and transformations that are the cycles of a woman’s life. Her particular focus is on how we can use this knowledge on a practical day to day level to support ourselves, our children, family and community health!
Naomi’s Professional Qualifications:
Bachelor of Health Science, Nursing QUT – 2002 Registered Nurse AHPRA
Masters of Applied Science, Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture RMIT – 2014 Registered Acupuncturist AHPRA
Naomi provides acupuncture and Traditional Medicine services and holds women’s circles, workshops and education classes for groups and individuals.
Naomi is extremely passionate about using Acupuncture, Moxibustion and Traditional Medicine education and services for those who seek her assistance.